Please read the following information carefully to make the most out of your pilgrimage.
ATTEND A RETREAT
Retreatss are open to everyone and are held in the ashram. Children are very welcome to attend our daily pujas, but cannot attend the retreats unless they are at least 15 years old. These are the retreat times:
Friday 7:30 pm - Sunday 4 pm
The retreats start with the evening puja on Friday followed by a meal.
COME FOR A DAY VISIT
Anyone can visit the temple and join our daily worship. For worship times, please have a look at our calendar. If you plan to visit the temple, please register online.
Take some time out and spend a few days at the ashram. Become part of the daily routine and attend all the pujas (worship). If you plan to stay at the ashram, please register online at least two to three weeks early.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
The running of the ashram needs the enthusiastic support of volunteers. If you would like to help with the construction, or join in with the daily running of the facilities, please register online.
You are welcome to stay at the ashram, but there is only a very limited number of beds available (bring your sleeping bag!). For this reason you may have to organise your own accommodation locally. Unfortunately we cannot provide accommodation for children – you can try these friendly local hotels and guest rooms:
- Hotel Arflina: +41 81 300 30 70 (½ hour walk from the ashram)
- B&B Türmlihus in Fideris village: +41 79 914 95 81 (20 min by car)
- Guest rooms Gujan in Fideris village: +41 81 332 21 13, e-mail: email@example.com (20 min by car)
- Hotel Garni Posthorn in Küblis: +41 81 300 31 00 (30 min by car)
- Hotel Terminus in Küblis: +41 81 330 53 30 (30 min by car)
All activities and utilities of the ashram are run entirely on voluntary donations. All the meals are prepared with the food that has been offered – our food is simple, inexpensive and vegetarian (delicious too!).
ITEMS TO BRING
You will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow-case, towel, torch, slippers, warm clothes (it can be very cold in the mountains even in summer), sensible shoes and a waterproof jacket. Volunteers please bring working clothes. It is better to bring a backpack than a suitcase, because the last few hundred meters to the ashram have to be walked on foot.
- Remember that Switzerland is one hour ahead from English time!
- Travel arrangements and insurance are your own responsibility.
- Smoking and taking drugs in and around the ashram are not allowed.